PULP AND PAPER
In pulp and paper processing, optimization of material use and overall efficiency of the system can save time and greatly reduce costs. Spray Analysis and Research Services of Spraying Systems Co. can use spray technology and analysis to help.
Pulp and Paper Spray Analysis and Research
We offer lab-scale simulation of conveyorized coating, which allows for process tuning, prevention of overspray and optimal transfer efficiency. Additional applications may include:
- Coating: anti-skid agents, starches, scents, adhesives, roll lubrication, edge speckles and web / tissue lamination
- Cleaning: doctor blades, stock chests, headboxes, pulp chests and general plant clean-up
- Edge trimming: standard, fine and specialty papers
- Drying and blow-off: air barriers to control contaminants, debris and excess paper blow-off into the pit, and sheet control for paper breaks
- Humidification: static and shock prevention, and moisture addition in storage areas
- Marking: defects and spray uniformity
- Pollution abatement: foam knockdown and gas scrubbing
Typical research efforts include conveyorized coating testing, drop size and coverage testing, and / or other modeling services that may achieve uniform application and prevent material loss, overspray and build-up.